Horizon is a respectable equipment manufacturing company that specializes in treadmills. All fitness equipment boasts durability and offers challenging workout routines that suit all kinds of individuals’ needs.
Let’s look at some of the most popular treadmills produced by Horizon and how they differ from each other in meeting our requirements.
Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill
If running is your primary choice, don’t miss out on looking into the Horizon 7.0 AT treadmill model that comes with a 3.0 CHP powerful motor.
We recommend running as the running deck measures 20 inches by 60 inches compared to the standard 20 inches by 55 inches deck found in standard home gym models.
Hence, tall or short, you get to enjoy comfortable stride length without injuring your joints and hips even when the maximum incline capacity is up to 15%.
The treadmill is made of solid steel construction and can accommodate up to a maximum user weight capacity of 325lbs.
You can run from a speed of 0-12 mph at your desired incline levels, making use of any of the 5 built-in workout programs that keep you well-challenged and motivated.
Despite this, 3-zone variable response cushioning is available that helps you stay comfortable at your preferred exercise pace.
- A lifetime warranty is offered on the frame and motor, 3 years on parts, and 1 year on labor.
- Foldable, and hence, a space-saving piece of equipment.
- The deck size is ideal for running.
- Bluetooth compatible, hence helps you stay entertained while exercising.
- The frame is sturdy and durable.
- The 7-inch screen is small.
Horizon 7.4 AT
The Horizon 7.4 AT treadmill has a bigger running deck measuring 22″ x 60″that’s better than the 7.0 model and hence, more suitable for running.
The model was mainly designed to support interactive training such as HIIT and interval training. For accessing such interactive training programs, the manufacturer has modeled this treadmill such that it is compatible with different fitness apps such as Studio, Aaptiv, and AFG Pro Fitness.
20 different workout programs give you various exercising experiences, and the most commendable of them is the Sprint 8 program. Also, the fast speed adjustment options help you reap maximum workout benefits from the 20-minute program.
The 3.5 CHP motor is powerful and helps you go up to a maximum speed of 12mph and an inclination up to 15% without hurting your knees, as the treadmill comes with 3-zone variable response cushioning.
The 8.25inch LED display shows various metrics and comes along with wireless heart rate monitoring capabilities. Above all, the unit is foldable and is equipped with transport wheels, thereby helping you move it around easily.
- The spacious running deck is apt for tall individuals.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- The powerful 3.5CHP motor is optimal for interval training.
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 5 years on parts, and 2 years on labor.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Sprint 9 workout is good for fat burning.
- Absence of touchscreen.
Horizon 7.8 AT Treadmill
The Horizon 7.8AT treadmill is packed with superb features and comprises a powerful 4.0 CHP motor that guarantees its popularity and performance in the treadmill market.
The motor is commendable as it is quicker than other models in terms of acceleration and deceleration–this is beneficial when you do sprint training.
The positioning of speed and incline options are perfect as without ideal placement, and the quick performance is never helpful. The adjustment options are available in hand grips that are just right to change your speed levels from 0.5-12 mph and inclination from 0-15%.
There are 10 built-in workout programs, such as the Sprint 8 training. Combine fun with exercise using the Bluetooth connectivity option and pairing your electronic gadgets to enjoy music, videos, and fitness programs.
- 350lbs maximum user weight capacity.
- The 3-zone variable cushioning option minimizes strain on your knees, joints, and hips.
- 0 CHP motor is powerful and performance-oriented.
- Bluetooth helps in monitoring heart rate.
- Quick speed and inclination adjustments.
- Foldable and space-saving with transport wheel provisioning.
- Absence of HD touchscreen.
- Needs electronic gadgets to use workout apps.
The Horizon T101 treadmill is one of the best budget-friendly models that shine well among those passionate about music. The machine comes with the provisioning for Bluetooth, an audio input jack, and speakers.
The treadmill is equipped with a 2.5CHP motor and hence, is more suitable for casual trainers.
You can go up to a speed of 10mph, and the maximum inclination possible is 10% that offers optimal challenges as you keep walking, running, or jogging on the machine.
I suggest that this is a treadmill that’s more suitable for walking as the running deck is only 20″ x 55″.
There are 30 different workout programs and 9 programming options that help you achieve your exercise targets without fail.
If you wish to check your heart rate in the middle of any program, don’t forget to make use of the built-in pulse grips to monitor heart rate.
Follow up on your progress using the three red LED windows and listen to music by connecting your smartphone to the audio jack.
- Foldable, light, and compact.
- A cooling fan helps you stay cool.
- A music-friendly treadmill.
- 3-zone variable cushioning minimizes the impact on joints and hips.
- Monitor heart rate using pulse grips.
- Decent warranty for the budget pricing.
- The motor is not powerful.
- No option for interactive training.
The Horizon T202 model is fitted with a 2.75CHP motor that’s more suited for walking and jogging. You could even run as the running deck measures 20 inches by 60 inches, helping you take longer strides comfortably without any trouble.
The 3-zone variable response cushioning protects your knees and joints when exercising on the treadmill at any speed and inclination levels permissible in this model.
You could go from a speed of 0.5-12 mph and use inclination levels up to 12% to perform your daily workouts.
Though the machine is equipped with 5 basic workout programs only, you gain free access to various fitness apps as it is Bluetooth-enabled.
There is also a USB charging port that can charge your electronic gadgets while using them to play songs or videos.
The display is basic, with a 3-inch LED monitor that shows important metrics.
- Monitor heart rate using dual grips.
- Cooling fan.
- Optimal warranty with lifetime on frame and monitor and 1 year on parts, cushioning, and labor.
- The maximum user weight capacity is 325lbs.
- 3-zone cushioning.
- The treadmill is not suitable for intense runners.
The Horizon T303 is one of the most recommended budget treadmills that guarantees good performance using the 3.0CHP motor that is powerful and suitable for interval training and running.
Also, the 20 inches by 60 inches running deck allows for longer strides, and hence, the treadmill is ideal for taller individuals. There is a 3-zone variable cushioning feature that protects your joints.
You can enjoy a 0.5-12mph speed and use an inclination up to 12% on the treadmill monitoring your progress, making use of the backlit LCD that shows calories burned, heart rate, distance, speed, incline, time, and pace.
Enjoy interactive workouts by pairing your smartphone with the Bluetooth option available in the Horizon T303 machine, and enjoy listening to music or watching videos.
The frame is sturdy capable of accommodating maximum user weight up to 325lbs. Still, the treadmill is foldable and comes with transportation wheels for easy movement.
- A lifetime warranty is offered on the frame and motor, three years on parts, and one year on labor.
- Cooling fan.
- User-friendly LCD console.
- Monitor heart rate using pulse grips or connect your wireless chest strap for tracking heart rate.
- Availability of Bluetooth speakers.
- Only 8 workout programs are available.
- We have to use our smartphones to enable touchscreen operation.
Horizon Fitness Adventure 3
You could call the Horizon Fitness Adventure 3 to be a walking treadmill primarily as it comes with 20 inches by 55 inches running deck short for taller individuals.
The motor capacity is 2.5CHP, and it supports maximum speed up to 12 mph and an inclination of up to 12% helping you enjoy challenging workouts.
One would surely be pleased by the 30 preset workout programs offered by Horizon. Moreover, you can enjoy intense training using the Virtual Active workouts that are possible with the Passport player (this must be purchased additionally).
Music is a strong motivating factor, and this treadmill has incorporated iPod compatibility besides presenting us with speakers and an MP3 player dock.
This piece of equipment saves immense space as it is foldable, and the Feather Light hydraulic folding technology helps you fold the machine very easily.
- Three-zone variable cushioning.
- Power incline up to 12% and speed up to 12mph.
- Simple assembly.
- Tablet holder.
- 30 preset workout programs.
- A lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 3 years on parts, and 1 user on labor.
- A 30-day trial period.
- Absence of a wireless heart rate receiver.
- The 5.75inch LCD screen is quite outdated.